HOSTING (State Data Centers)
The State of Mississippi Data Centers deliver highly available and secure mainframe and server solutions to state government entities. Use of the State Data Centers by state agencies and other government entities improves the efficiency, security, and resiliency of the government systems hosted within the facilities.
ENTERPRISE MAINFRAME SERVERS
The Enterprise Mainframe Hosting Services offer customers the opportunity to take advantage of comprehensive end-to-end mainframe architecture. The Data Centers provide secure facilities to monitor the state's assets and supplies the operational and technical expertise necessary to support critical assets.
- UNIX Systems - ITS offers UNIX and Linux server hosting for customers that are seeking a cost-effective hosting solution. ITS provides the hardware and base operating system to host customer application software.
- Virtualized Systems - ITS offers a common infrastructure that optimizes the use of physical and virtual resources and provides solutions for ensuring business continuity. High-performance microprocessors and high speed networking technology make it possible to deploy large applications, segmented by function, or agency organization on the most cost-effective platform.
BACKUP AND RECOVERY
As data retention needs continuously increase, information storage becomes more critical. From high availability backup and long-term archiving to data recovery, ITS provides a range of solutions via a suite of specialized products that can be used to match application business cycles and meet requirements for Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Email Relay Services - ITS provides the email relay services and infrastructure to deliver secure electronic messages between state entities and across the Internet.
ITS offers co-location space in the Primary Data Center for customer-owned production equipment. Additionally, the Co-Processing Data Center is available for backup or secondary equipment. The Primary Data Center and the Co-Processing Data Center are protected by generators, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), lightning protection, environmental monitoring and security guards. The Primary Data Center is manned by operation personnel 24x365 and the Co-Processing Data Center is considered a lights-out facility where customers and vendors are escorted as needed.
ITS Database Administration (DBA) employs state-of-the-art database technologies to provide secure, accurate and timely access. DBA support provides technical assistance for database implementation and usage and supports most of today's common database management systems including DB2, Microsoft SQL, Informix, and Adabas. Applications requiring other platforms will be considered as well.
Every year state government becomes more dependent on digitized data and on the networks that allow data to be distributed across the state. It has become critical to recover quickly from all forms of disaster that could affect computer hardware, software, data, and networks. The sophistication and complexity of today's technologies have increased the complexity of the solutions for disaster recovery needs. ITS recognizes the need for a strong disaster recovery plan and currently has a contract with IBM Business Recovery Services to facilitate a recovery for services in the State Data Centers should a significant disaster strike.
- Microsoft Active Directory - ITS provides the Active Directory (AD) solution to agencies wanting to replace their current AD environment or for those who do not have an environment setup. With this solution, the customer is delegated administrative control of an Organizational Unit (OU). OUs can provide hierarchy to a domain, ease its administration, and can resemble the organization's structure in an agency's container.
SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
A suite of software tools are utilized to define a set of acceptable system performance parameters and provide automatic updates based on those defined triggers.
ITS provides project management support for customers needing to define requirements, analyze assets, determine direction, evaluate alternatives for infrastructure implementation and support for their mission critical systems. The project management services include:
- Hosted Solutions Design and Configuration - ITS can assist customer agencies in selecting the level of server hosting support that best meets their business requirement needs.
- Capacity Planning and Upgrade Support - ITS can provide project support in reviewing and determining current system capacity or upgrade requirements utilizing existing tools, reporting capabilities, trending analysis, and past experiences to assist the customer with planning system upgrades and changes.