The State of Mississippi Data Centers deliver highly available and secure mainframe and server solutions to state government entities. Use of the State Data Centers by state agencies and other government entities improves the efficiency, security, and resiliency of the government systems hosted within the facilities.
ENTERPRISE MAINFRAME SERVERS
The Enterprise Mainframe Hosting Services offer customers the opportunity to take advantage of comprehensive end-to-end mainframe architecture. The Data Centers provide secure facilities to monitor the state's assets and supplies the operational and technical expertise necessary to support critical assets. The enterprise mainframe hosting services include:
- A secure environment that protects critical state data assets
- 24-hours a day, 7 days a week operations with 24-hour on-call technical support
- Service Center support and real time ticket tracking during regular business hours
- Technical expertise in all supported infrastructure platforms
- Support for hosted agency systems software products
- Assistance with the installation of application systems
- Documented change management processes and procedures
BACKUP AND RECOVERY
- UNIX Systems - ITS offers UNIX and Linux server hosting for customers that are seeking a cost-effective hosting solution. ITS provides the hardware and base operating system to host customer application software.
- Virtualized Systems - ITS offers a common infrastructure that optimizes the use of physical and virtual resources and provides solutions for ensuring business continuity. High-performance microprocessors and high speed networking technology make it possible to deploy large applications, segmented by function, or agency organization on the most cost-effective platform. The virtualized system services include:
- Support for application failover, load balancing, and security
- Support for system authentication and authorization
- Database configuration and administration for Informix, Microsoft SQL and DB2
- 24-hours a day, 7 days a week operations on-call technical support
- Integrated virtual storage solutions
- Storage Performance Options
As data retention needs continuously increase, information storage becomes more critical. From high availability backup and long-term archiving to data recovery, ITS provides a range of solutions via a suite of specialized products that can be used to match application business cycles and meet requirements for Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Email Relay Services - ITS provides the email relay services and infrastructure to deliver secure electronic messages between state entities and across the Internet.
The relay and messaging services include:
- Virus scanning of all inbound, outbound, and intra-state email
- Spam filtering of all inbound email
- Maintenance of current levels of system software and patches
- ListServ mailing list server
ITS offers co-location space in the Primary Data Center for customer-owned production equipment. Additionally, the Co-Processing Data Center is available for backup or secondary equipment. The Primary Data Center and the Co-Processing Data Center are protected by generators, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), lightning protection, environmental monitoring and security guards. The Primary Data Center is manned by operation personnel 24x365 and the Co-Processing Data Center is considered a lights-out facility where customers and vendors are escorted as needed. The co-location services include:
- Rack space in the Primary Data Center or the Co-Processing Data Center in a standard APC server rack (42U high)
- Multiple AC power connections
- Network ports (100M/1G/10G - Copper or Fiber)
- Subnet IP addresses for use by customer
- Basic Firewall services
ITS Database Administration (DBA) employs state-of-the-art database technologies to provide secure, accurate and timely access. DBA support provides technical assistance for database implementation and usage and supports most of today's common database management systems including DB2, Microsoft SQL, Informix, and Adabas. Applications requiring other platforms will be considered as well. The DBA services include:
- Installation and upgrades of software
- Management of database software
- Database administration tools
- Packaged application database products
- Backup/recovery procedure implementation
- Monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting
Every year state government becomes more dependent on digitized data and on the networks that allow data to be distributed across the state. It has become critical to recover quickly from all forms of disaster that could affect computer hardware, software, data, and networks. The sophistication and complexity of today's technologies have increased the complexity of the solutions for disaster recovery needs. ITS recognizes the need for a strong disaster recovery plan and currently has a contract with IBM Business Recovery Services to facilitate a recovery for services in the State Data Centers should a significant disaster strike. The disaster recovery services contract includes:
- Six weeks of hot-site access
- Six months of cold-site access
- Mainframe capacity
- Mainframe peripherals such as disk storage, tape drives, and printers
- Open Systems capacity to handle mission-critical UNIX and Windows applications including Email services
- Routers, switches, and channel extenders to switch the Metro Area Fiber Optic and statewide MPLS networks to the hot-site
- Reserve DS1s and Internet VPNs to connect to the hot-site
- Internet access
The coordinated disaster recovery services include:
- Disaster recovery facility for all mainframe and open systems applications
- Network access to the disaster recovery facilities
- Network infrastructure designed for resiliency and recovery should a disaster strike any building within the Metro Area Network (MAN)
- Recovery of the State Data Centers Infrastructure and operating systems in a hot/warm site
- Development and distribution of a disaster recovery plan that can be used as a guide for agency disaster recovery planning
- Assistance with application recovery planning to match the infrastructure recovery plan
- Annual disaster recovery testing
SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
- Microsoft Active Directory - ITS provides the Active Directory (AD) solution to agencies wanting to replace their current AD environment or for those who do not have an environment setup. With this solution, the customer is delegated administrative control of an Organizational Unit (OU). OUs can provide hierarchy to a domain, ease its administration, and can resemble the organization's structure in an agency's container.
A suite of software tools are utilized to define a set of acceptable system performance parameters and provide automatic updates based on those defined triggers.
ITS provides project management support for customers needing to define requirements, analyze assets, determine direction, evaluate alternatives for infrastructure implementation and support for their mission critical systems. The project management services include:
- Hosted Solutions Design and Configuration - ITS can assist customer agencies in selecting the level of server hosting support that best meets their business requirement needs.
- Capacity Planning and Upgrade Support - ITS can provide project support in reviewing and determining current system capacity or upgrade requirements utilizing existing tools, reporting capabilities, trending analysis, and past experiences to assist the customer with planning system upgrades and changes.
For more information about these, or any other services listed on our site, please Contact Us