ITS is the catalyst for effective planning, deployment, and operation of innovative information technologies for Mississippi State Government. ITS forms dynamic partnerships with our customers and the private sector to optimize the use of available resources for enhanced delivery of government services.
The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services provides statewide leadership and services that facilitate cost-effective information processing and telecommunication solutions for agencies and institutions.
WE STRIVE TO BE:
- SERVICE ORIENTED
- Partnering with our customers to use information technology to achieve their business goals
- TECHNOLOGY LEADERS
- Working with agencies and institutions to explore emerging technologies and to set policies, standards, and guidelines
- Communicating effectively with customers, on both an executive and technical level, to identify potential opportunities for information technology in the state
- RESOURCE PROVIDERS
- Providing the infrastructure resources to support information technology
OUR CORE BELIEFS
- We believe in utilizing collaborative partnerships with customers and vendors to promote an environment of continuous improvement of government services
- We believe we must communicate openly and honestly with our customers, vendors, and peers
- We believe we must understand and contribute to the achievement of the ITS vision
- We believe that the employees of ITS are our greatest assets and must be empowered to make well-informed decisions
- We believe we must provide high-quality service that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations